Joint Audit Committee
The Joint Audit Committee has been established by the Police and Crime Commissioner for Hampshire and the Chief Constable of Hampshire Constabulary.
It is important because it:
- Supports the Police and Crime Commissioner, Chief Constable and statutory officers in ensuring that effective governance and risk management arrangements are in place and functioning efficiently and effectively
- Scrutinises the draft statement of accounts, and considers whether appropriate accounting policies have been followed
- Makes recommendations for improvements to anti fraud and corruption strategies.
Further information can be found within the Joint Audit Committee’s Statement of Purpose and Terms of Reference.
Joint Audit Committee Membership
- Melvyn Neate (Chair)
- John Banks
- Amanda Hassell
- Gordon Manickam
- Katherine Pears
The Joint Audit Committee is open to the public and media to attend to observe. Dates for meetings held are listed below, with agendas and papers available to download where possible.
2023 Joint Audit Committee Meetings:
- Monday 25th September 2023 at 2.30pm. At Mottisfont Court, Winchester
- Tuesday 28th November 2023 at 1.00pm. Currently scheduled to be held on Teams
Past JAC Meetings
Details of meetings can be found below including the agendas and reports presented to each meeting.