Together we can stop Modern Slavery
We can all play a part in stopping modern slavery, however large or small. How can you help? Start by looking out for signs of Modern Slavery and reporting it.
Spot the signs
- Works long hours in harsh or unsafe conditions
- Is living in dirty, cramped or overcrowded accommodation
- Is living and working at the same address
- Is not able to move around freely and appears to be under someone else’s control
- Is rarely allowed to travel on their own
- demonstrates signs of physical or psychological abuse, such as lacking self-esteem, seeming anxious, bruising or untreated medical conditions
- Appears frightened, withdrawn or shows signs of physical or psychological abuse e.g. looking malnourished or unkempt
- Is reluctant to seek help and avoids eye contact with strangers or the authorities
- Is fearful of the police, doesn’t know who to trust or where to get help.
- Has no control of their identification documents, such as their passport
Seek help and report concerns
If you need help, advice or information about any modern slavery issue you can contact the modern slavery helpline confidentially, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
0800 012 1700
If it’s an emergency always call 999
For non-emergencies call 101
Or you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
Partner organisations – to share information
Statutory organisations can pass information about Modern Slavery to Hampshire Constabulary using the Community Partnership Information Form: