The Police and Crime Commissioner in partnership with Southampton City Council has secured £192,545 for the third round of the Safer Streets Fund in Southampton. This round of funding looks to tackle violence against women and girls (VAWG) in public spaces.
The proposals for this project include:
- Education and awareness – work around prevention and education with young people.
- Changes to the physical environment – CCTV and upgraded street lighting.
- Student safety – personal safety and information app.
- Communication – improving public confidence and awareness.
- Analysis – improve data picture to develop evidence based responses to VAWG.