Code of Conduct Agreement: Terry Norton
Reviewed following the Local Elections on 4 May 2023
I have read and understood my obligations in relation to the code of conduct and register of interest of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Hampshire.
Name: Terry Norton
Date: 26 May 2023
Position: Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner
Schedule of disclosable interests (including gifts and hospitality)
In this Schedule:
“body in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest” means a firm in which the relevant person is a partner or a body corporate of which the relevant person is a director, or in the securities of which the relevant person has a beneficial interest;
“director” includes a member of the committee of management of an industrial and provident society;
“land” includes an easement, servitude, interest or right in or over land which does not carry with it a right for the relevant person (alone or jointly with another) to occupy the land or to receive income;
“elected local policing body” means the office holder associated with the Hampshire Policing Area
“relevant period” means the period of 12 months ending with the day on which the relevant person makes an entry amendment or deletion to the register of disclosable interests.
“relevant person” means the person(s) who is/are elected/appointed Police and Crime Commissioner and Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner.
“securities” means shares, debentures, debenture stock, loan stock, bonds, units of a collective investment scheme within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000(b) and other securities of any description, other than money deposited with a building society.
|Employment, office, trade, profession or vocation||Any employment, office, trade, profession or vocation carried on for profit or gain.|
|Sponsorship||Any payment or provision of any other financial benefit (other than from the elected local policing body) made or provided within the relevant period in respect of any expenses incurred in carrying out duties and responsibilities, as the Commissioner, or towards the election expenses of the Commissioner. This includes any payment or financial benefit from a trade union within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992|
|Contracts||Any contract which is made between the relevant person (or a body in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest) and the elected local policing body:
(a) under which goods or services are to be provided or works are to be executed; and
(b) which has not been fully discharged
|Land||Any beneficial interest in land which is within the area of the elected local policing body.|
|Licences||Any licence (alone or jointly with others) to occupy land in the area of the elected local policing body.|
|Corporate tenancies||Any tenancy where (to the knowledge of the relevant person)
(a) the landlord is the elected local policing body; and
(b) the tenant is a body in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest
|Securities||Any beneficial interest in securities of a body where –
(a) that body (to the relevant person’s knowledge has a place of business
or land in the area of the elected local policing body; and
(b) either –
(i) the total nominal value of the securities exceeds £25,000 or one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that body, or
(ii) if the share capital of that body is of more than one class, the total nominal value of the shares of any one class in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest exceeds one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that class.
|Gifts and hospitality||The interests of any person from whom the relevant person has received a gift or hospitality with an estimated value of at least £25
An accumulation of small gifts received from the same donor over a short period, with an estimated combined value of £25 or more, should be registered.
The Monitoring Officer may require a gift or hospitality to be registered (even when the value is less than £25) in the interest of transparency
 ‘Relevant person’ means the Commissioner, deputy commissioner if appointed.
 Exclusions apply, such as: an easement, servitude, interest or right in or over land which does not carry with it a right for the
Register of disclosable interests
I Terry Norton hereby give notice in accordance with the Code of Conduct of the following disclosable interests.
- I am employed as NONE
- I carry on business as NONE
- My employer is NONE
- I am a partner in the following firm(s) NONE
- Details of any body of which you are a member or in a position of general control or management:
- exercising functions of a public nature
- directed to charitable purposes
- one of whose principle purposes includes the influence of public opinion or policy (including any political party or trade union)
(i) The Conservative Party
(ii) Portsmouth City Council Elementary Education Foundation – Trustee (registered charity)
- The following person(s) have made payments or provided other financial benefits to me in respect of expenses incurred by me in carrying out my duties: NONE
- The following person(s) have made payments or provided other financial benefits to me in respect of expenses incurred by me in relation to my election expenses:
- I have a beneficial interest in securities of the following body(ies): NONE
- I have a beneficial interest in the following land within the Hampshire Policing Area
Home address – Havant
- I have entered into a licence (either alone or jointly with others) for [specify period] to occupy [description of land] within the Hampshire Police Area: NONE
- The elected local policing body is the landlord of the following land:
- of which I am the tenant or the tenant is a firm in which I am a partner
- a company of which I am a remunerated director
- a body in which I have a beneficial interest
- I am the director of:
- any company
- any industrial and provident society
- any charity
- or other body
- Please provide details of any other relevant interests; including significant interests of close family members
Signed: T. Norton, dated 24 May 2023
Monitoring officer received: Jason Kenny, dated 26 May 2023