- Alcohol abuse
- Drug abuse
- Drug dealing/county lines
Young people who experience substance misuse are more vulnerable to being ‘recruited’ by drug dealers and becoming involved in County Lines.
What do we plan to do about substance misuse?
- Raising awareness through the use of educative workshops, and social media posts
- Providing support through signposting to services
- Highlighting prevention methods to keep young people safe
What can you do?
- Stay alert – keep your glass/bottle in your sight in a busy environment
- Make sure to check on your friends, especially if they are acting suspiciously or differently than usual
- Talk to their parents, if their behaviour is not improving
- Report to the right services if after these discussions, they keep getting worse (skipping classes, becoming irritable, finding them in an unusual environment – like a neighbourhood they’ve never been in and going by themselves)
- Crime Stoppers – information about county lines and how to spot victims
- Drink aware – information about drink spiking and date rape drugs
- FRANK – honest information about drugs
- Catch 22 – free and confidential substance misuse advice and support for young people aged up to 25
- Alcohol Education Trust – drink spiking fact sheet
Follow us on
Read the latest newsletter today!