Portsmouth and Isle of Wight 2021-22
The Police and Crime Commissioner in partnership with Portsmouth City Council and Isle of Wight Council has secured £456,210 for the third round of the Safer Streets Fund in a joint project across Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight. This round of funding looks to tackle violence against women and girls (VAWG) in public spaces.
The proposals for this project include:
- Education and awareness – peer-led mentorship programme in schools.
- Safe spaces network – co-ordinating all safe spaces across different organisations.
- Artwork – ‘Safe and Strong’ art to challenge unhealthy and unsafe behaviours.
- CCTV – in various locations in Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight.
- Intelligence mapping – improve data picture to develop evidence based responses to VAWG.