Council tax precept survey

Your views matter so I am consulting you about the way forward with four questions about the amount you pay for policing in Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth and Southampton.

In times of austerity, funding will remain firmly at the centre and as a driver for everything to make us safer. I am committed to being part of the national debate and focussing attention on getting this right.

The amount of Government funding provided to each police force is determined by a funding formula. This formula is not yet fair and I will fight to make sure that it reflects a fairer distribution for my area, which is currently disadvantaged by the existing formula.

The 2016/17 budget for the Police and Crime Commissioner and Hampshire Constabulary is £305 million. This money principally comes from two sources: central government grant and council tax. In Hampshire, 65% of police funding comes through government grants, with the remaining 35% coming from the Council Tax precept, which I set locally.

The survey has now closed, thank you for your participation!

RT @JohnHansonUK: Our Cyber Ambassadors receiving their first lot of training from @hantsyc. Lots to take in! #gofish https://t.co/TzvICWum…
OPCC Hampshire & IOW
@HantsPCC